Monday, April 20, 2020

Blood Child questions + answers




I found this short story to be very thought provoking. Initially it was difficult for me to understand what was happening until I realized that the main character was living on an alien planet, then it all clicked for me. I liked the message of the story, I interpreted the author was trying to say to not just always go with the flow. Question your surroundings, authority, and your morals.

I was able to connect with the oppression of the Terren people in the story. In America and the world oppression has been very prevalent. What the Terrens go through can be compared to slavery or being poor in a society.

I think the story is great and could remain the same. It would be really interesting to see this story adapted into a graphic novel.

I definitely picked up on some afro-futurist tones when reading this. Like I said earlier, this story can be compared to the oppression that african americans and minorities endured in the early to mid 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment